I Love You to the Moon

I Love You to the Moon
Being a Mother is the greatest blessing of my life ~

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Book Review - Praying for Boys - by, Brooke McGlothlin


I LOVE this book!  A must read for all moms!

Title: Praying for Boys
Author: Brooke McGlothlin
ISBN: 978-0-7642-1143-0
USD: 12.99
Rating: *****











Psalm 127:3-5 - Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him.  Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth.  Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.
As most of you know, my husband and I were blessed 7 years ago with the greatest gift of our lives...our baby boy, Caleb.  We were thrilled to become parents of a little boy!  We have a responsibility to our child to: love him, care for him, nurture him, pray for him and bring him up in the teachings of the Lord.
Boys are so many things!  Fun, loud, rowdy, ornery, adventurous, precious, sweet, tenderhearted and so much more.  The question is - how in the world do I as a mother, steer and guide this precious gift of a boy into a strong, godly young man?
Well, I was reading Lysa TerKeurst blog post one afternoon and saw one of Brooke's guest posts. Brooke had 10 powerful prayers to help you fight for the heart of your son. I immediately wrote them down and proceeded to buy her book.  I couldn't wait to read it!
I finally received Brooke's book.  I opened it up and started reading.  It was wonderful to know that I wasn't alone in my journey called motherhood -  {sigh of relief}.  All of us mother's go through times of throwing up our hands in frustration and begging God to help us in that moment.
Praying for Boys is beautifully written and heartfelt by Brooke McGlothlin. Full of encouragement for us mother's to wage war on our knees on behalf of our boys.  Such a good book!  A much needed book at that!
I love what's in the back of the book.  'The things they need most' There are 21 chapters on praying for certain things over and for your boys.
- 10 scripture / prayers for each chapter along with reflection or discussion
1) Heart Change  2) Obedience  3) Overcoming Fears  4) Integrity  5) Wisdom  6) Pride  7) Honor  8) Purity  9) A Servant's Heart  10) Fruit of the Spirit: Love  11) Fruit of the Spirit: Joy  12) Fruit of the Spirit: Peace  13) Fruit of the Spirit: Patience  14) Fruit of the Spirit: Kindness  15) Fruit of the Spirit: Goodness 16) Fruit of the Spirit: Faithfulness  17) Fruit of the Spirit: Gentleness  18) Fruit of the Spirit: Self-Control 19) Anger  20) Forgiveness  21) Salvation
Brooke says it best - "This book is about the God who loves your son more than you do and wants to work in his heart and life in spite of you as you pray and desperately seek him."
Thank you Brooke for writing this awesome book!
Here is Brooke's blog if you would like to be encouraged daily.
This is my own personal opinion and I received no monetary compensation for my review.
Melissa Staehli ~

No comments:

Post a Comment